Learn More About UsView Our Core ValuesMeet Our TeamFind Out Whats HappeningRead Emmaus Road UpdatesEncouraging BlogsDownload Emmaus Road Resources

Boulder Church Plant Update- August

Two months have flown by for us in Boulder and there is talk of school starting already! :)
As you can imagine, our Launch Team has enjoyed the beautiful Colorado summer. We have spent the past eight weeks bonding, growing, and adjusting. Whether it's a new home, neighborhood, friendship or job, each family is getting more and more settled with the reality of a new start. Each week we have been meeting 2-3 evenings for fellowship, Bible study, prayer, evangelism, and worship. Naturally, it takes time for each family and individual to grow into deeper friendship with one another. However, praise God with us that the unity and camaraderie among the team is healthy and getting stronger week by week.


A few days ago we celebrated together with over 40 friends and family members for our Emmaus Road Church Plant Dedication. It was so exciting to be encouraged by many close brothers and sisters in Christ from a handful of locations around the Mid-west. We worshiped in song, prayer and testimony to God's goodness. Thanks again to all of you that were able to make the trip out to be with us on Saturday. It truly was a meaningful time for us. One of our Launch Teammates, Brandon Brinker shared the following testimony during the dedication:

"It is good to finally be here in Colorado! The last couple of months have been kind of up and down for us. The excitement of following God and moving to a new city followed by the frustration of not being able to move with my family, I had some hard lessons to learn before I was actually able to get settled with my family. As most of you probably know God answered a huge prayer with the job he provided. I was able to stay with the same company and the only catch was I had to work during the day and they were going to make me take weekends and holidays off. It sounded great to me! So we decided when I was going to start my job and when we were going to move. The only hitch (in our perspective) was that God had another plan. It was over a month before I moved my family to Boulder and they were able to join me. It is truly amazing how long it can take sometimes for us to learn Who is in control!
I think in a lot of ways, God was preparing me for the spiritual battle to come. Even though we are here now it has not been all smooth sailing. The enemy has been on the move. But even in the midst of trials, God has given us amazing opportunities! I have been able to develop friendships with several guys at work. Michelle, my wife, has had a great opportunity with a neighbor down the street who has two girls and a boy. There are so many opportunities to just get out and be with people, is that not our ambition as missionaries? I am excited to see what God has in store in the days, weeks, and even years to come. After all, He is the one in control. We are just following his lead." (Brandon and Michelle Brinker, children: Brooklyn, Sydney, and Zach)


Beginning in August we are entering into a 9 month leadership training season with our Launch Team. Last night we walked through the various objectives of this first season of training and I have attached the document to this email for your review as well, in order that your prayers may be specific to our need and church plant life.

We are thanking God often for you, our Sending Team. Remember to visit our website where you can stay current on prayer requests, progress, and financially support the pioneering work of Emmaus Road.

For The Team,
Kris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Emmaus Road is a Church plant in Boulder County, Colorado.