Learn More About UsView Our Core ValuesMeet Our TeamFind Out Whats HappeningRead Emmaus Road UpdatesEncouraging BlogsDownload Emmaus Road Resources

Boulder Church Plant-March Update

Over the past 30 days, two families have already relocated to the Boulder area in Colorado. Peter and Jan Tighe and Jeff and Tara Kautz, along with their young children have stepped out, in faith toward their calling to be participants in the Emmaus Road church plant work. Be encouraged by and pray for the families and households that, one by one, are moving forward in the mission of going and making disciples (Matt 28:19). Your prayers, encouragement, friendship, and financial support continue to make a difference!--Kris
The Following : By Jeff Kautz
In college, I knew two guys that went skydiving every Saturday. They often asked me to go and I usually used the excuse of insufficient funds to hide the fact that I knew I would have to be kicked out of a plane involuntarily to use a parachute. It's still something I hope I get to try someday, but I know it will be scary.

Last week I felt like I got kicked out of an airplane. As most of you know, the Lord opened the doors for Tara and I to move to CO a little earlier than we had anticipated. In many ways, I felt like leveraging my legs against the door of the plane while I was being pushed from behind. I knew we were making the "jump", but I wasn't ready yet. It's plain to see that the Lord has directed our paths as I believe He has provided an ideal job and living arrangements better than we imagined. I'm confident that He has moved us out early for very specific reasons and I'm excited to find out what they are.

The week we spent in Peru helped to focus me and remind me of my mission. Check out the SportReach website for details of the trip. During the course of the week, over 1700 children heard the gospel and a high percentage made decisions for Christ. I was reminded that we have a very specific mission during our short stay on this Earth. We also have a short time to complete it. I was reading in Psalms this am and David said "Teach me to count the days." (Ps 30) There are so many reminders from Paul and others that our life is short and our mission is critical. May we take the opportunities we have today to be faithful with the "good works" that have been prepared in advance for us. (Eph. 2:10)

Just being out here this week has reminded me of the immensity of our mission and the "lostness" of mankind. What a privilege to be part of building the Kingdom alongside our King. May we count everything else rubbish in light of knowing Christ Jesus.

Some friends of ours from Peru, evangelists at heart, reminded me that we are fishers of men. They reminded me how sweet it will be to hear our Father say "Well done, good and faithful servant." May we continue to fish "until all nets are full."

JK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Emmaus Road is a Church plant in Boulder County, Colorado.